1. Ember-roast the beets.Glaze
1. Vacuum seal all the glaze ingredients with the roasted beet and cook at about 70 °C for two hours.
2. Then strain the glaze to keep only the liquid, which is reduced until a glaze consistency is obtained.Chayote squash purée and Italian artichoke.
1. Roast the chayote squash at 180 °C for about 20 minutes or until it can be easily peeled.
2. Roast the artichokes at 160 °C for 30 minutes and then peel them and keep the hearts.
3. Sauté the onions in a pan until caramelized and then add the ancho chile. Keep sautéing. Add Ancho Reyes and wait for the alcohol to evaporate.
4. Add the artichoke hearts and lower the temperature. Finally, add the butter, the chayote squash and the whipping cream.
5. Cook at a low temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Blend in a thermomix for 15 minutes. Assembly
On a soup dish, serve a quenelle of chayote squash purée.
Add a quarter of the roasted beet on top of the purée and finish with the glaze on its side.