Carob Dough T45 Flour 130g
Almond Powder 50g
Carob Powder 10g
Unsalted Butter 85g
Whole Eggs 25g
Chocolate Mix Cream 200g
Dark Chocolate 70% 135g
Whole Egg 65g
1. Slice butter, which is at room temperature, into small cubes.
2. Place the flour, almond powder, sugar, carob powder, butter cubes and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add in the eggs.
4. Continue to combine all ingredients into a smooth, homogeneous dough.
5. Wrap with cling film, and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Dust the table top with a generously layer of flour.
7. Roll out the dough into 2mm thickness.
8. Line a 16-18cm diameter tart pan with the dough.
9. Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes, pre-heat the oven at 170°C.
10. Bake the tart shell for 12-15 minutes and set aside to cool.
1. Bring cream to a boil in a sauce pan.
2. Pour boiling cream over dark chocolate.
3. Wait 1 minute before mixing the chocolate and cream together.
4. Add in the whole egg and mix well.
5. Set the oven at 180°C.
6. Pour the chocolate mix into the baked tart shell.
7. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2 hours before serving.
9. Keep at room temperature, best consumed within the day.