Risotto rice | 70g
White wine | 70ml
Vegetable stock*1 | 600ml
White onion | 1
Frozen peas | 50g Pomegranate | 1 tbsp Spring onion | 1
Green apple | 1
Garlic clove | 1
Ripe avocados | 2
Lemon | 1 (juiced)
Olive oil |8 tbsp
Water | 2 tbsp
Salt | 2 pinch
Fresh mint leaves| 25g
Raw pumpkin seeds | 1 tbsp
Olive oil | 80ml
Lemon | 1 (juiced)
Salt | 1 pinch
1. Cut the spring onion very thinly on an angle.
2. Weigh out your rice and vegetable stock.
3. Finely dice the onion and thinly slice the garlic clove.
4. In a large saucepan start cooking the shallots on very low heat, with no colour, simply making them tender and translucent.
5. In a separate pan, heat up your stock so that it’s warm but not boiling.
6. Add the rice to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes then add the white wine and reduce.
7. Add the broth gradually, 100ml at the time stirring continually but gently, with a wooden spoon or spatula and do not leave unattended.
8. When the rice is cooked (tender with a slight bite) fold in the frozen peas and spring onions.
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
2. Salt to taste.
Pomegranate & Apple garnish
1. Start prepping the pomegranate by cutting it in half horizontally and gently removing the seeds.
2. Peel the green apple and cut in four segments vertically around the core. Dice each quarter into 4 smaller squares so you have 16 dice size pieces. Keep the leftovers for a fruit salad or smoothie.
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed until smooth. Your pesto should be a fresh bright green colour.
2. Have a taste and check the seasoning.
1. Start scooping your risotto into your best bowl.
2. Place a medium spoonful (quenelle) of avocado cream on top.
3. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and the diced apple.
4. Finally drizzle a tablespoon of mint pesto across each dish.