For the choux pastry
Whole milk 60g
Sifted wheat flour 100g
1/2 tbsp of salt
2 spoonfuls of sugar
3 1/2 eggs
Sliced almonds (optional)
For the pastry cream
Whole milk 250g
Egg yolks 3
Gelatin 4g+ Water 15 ml
½ vanilla bean
Whipped cream 100g
Fruit of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, figs, dragon fruit, etc.).
Whipped cream 200g
Icing sugar 20g
(Vanilla, kirsch, brandy, rhum, cachaça, to taste)
1. Heat water, milk, sugar, salt and butter in a pot.
2. When it boils, add all the sifted flour.
3. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and it does not stick to the bottom.
4. Put the mixture in a bowl and mix with a spatula for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the 3 eggs, one at a time; do not stop whisking.
6. If necessary, whisk 1/2 egg.
7. Make a heart shape on a pan. Spray with water and cover with sliced almonds (optional).
8. Bake at 200 °C for 30 minutes or until the dough, which should have opened in the oven, is golden brown.
*this recipe serves 2 hearts
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Heat the milk in a pot with the scraped vanilla bean. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar, and then add the cornstarch.
3. Pour half of the warm milk in the egg mixture and dissolve completely. Return to the pot and heat the pastry cream.
4. The cream's texture should become more fluid; continue to heat for about 2 minutes after it boils.
5. Remove from the heat and add the gelatin. Dissolve well. Take the mixture to a pan, cover with cling wrap and take to the fridge.
6. Finally, whip the pastry cream to get a smooth texture and add the whipped cream.
1. Cut at 1/3 of the cooked dough (the biggest part at the bottom).
2. Put the pastry cream inside.
3. Decorate with whipped cream and sliced fruit.
4. Decorate white chocolate dyed with natural powder coloring.