For the brandy sauce:
Granulated sugar 100g
For the Earl Grey flavored Warabi Mochi:
Earl Grey 15g
Bracken starch (Warabi flour) or cornstarch 50g
Kinako (roasted soybean flour)
1. Put water and sugar in a pot and heat.
2. When it becomes caramelized, remove from heat and add brandy little by little.
Earl Grey Flavored Warabi Mochi:
1. Boil water in a saucepan, add Earl Grey, leave for 10 minutes, and strain.
2. Add bracken starch and stir until the starch is dissolved, then heat again.
3. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon. When the mixture becomes transparent, transfer it to a bat and let it cool.
4. Divide into 10 equal portions and wrap in bamboo leaves.
When eating, sprinkle it with Kinako (roasted soybean flour) and brandy sauce.