For the coffee cream
Crème fraîche 240ml
Coffee extract 25ml
White sugar (to mix with the crème fraîche) 190g
Glucose or honey 50g
Egg yolks 7
For the Italian chocolate sponge cakes
Dark chocolate 85g
Brown sugar 50g
Glucose or honey 15g
1. In a stainless steel pot, put crème fraîche, a third part of sugar, glucose and coffee extract. Cook at low temperature. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar with a hand whisk until you get a pale color.
2. When the mixture boils, add a third part to the egg mixture to temper.
3. Add the rest of the mixture and mix with a hand whisk.
4. Return back to the pot and cook at a low temperature, stirring at all times (slowly and making sure a spatula goes around the walls of the pot, so that the mixture is cooked evenly) until it reaches 82 °C. Do the following test: put some cream on a dish and turn it over. The cream is ready if it drains very slowly. Otherwise, cook a bit longer.
5. Remove from the heat and pass through a fine strainer.
6. Put in a bowl over an ice bath and let cool, folding with a hand whisk.
Italian chocolate sponge cakes
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces.
2. In a stainless steel pot, melt butter, brown sugar and glucose or honey at a low temperature. Add this hot mixture to the chocolate and mix with a hand whisk to get a smooth mixture.
3. Add the eggs little by little and incorporate them into the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into silicone molds of approximately one centimeter in diameter and half a centimeter in depth and take to the oven over a bain-marie. Cook at 160 °C for about 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool. Take the mixture to the fridge for 3-4 hours for easier unmolding.
1. Put two or three Italian sponge cakes at the bottom of each crystal glass or cup and cover with coffee cream.
2. Decorate with a dash of crème fraîche and a pinch of powdered cocoa. It can be accompanied with your favorite ice-cream.